Regular lurkers will know I don’t usually write posts, but the delightful REDISKOT nominated Procrastinator’s Day Off for…
The Sunshine Blogger Award
The rules of which being:
* Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
* Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
* Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
* List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
This is all so unexpected, I don’t know what to say, I’d like to thank my manager, my goldfish and the cast of Hamilton. But mainly a big “thanking you kindly” to REDISKOT, I couldn’a done this without you…
Here we go –
1) When and why did you start your blog?
I’m quite new to blogging. I started about 18 months ago. This is my 4th blog. #1 was just some ramblings and photos of stuff and #2 was my handmade jewellery. Then one day I was discussing art with a friend and she said the words “All you need is a pencil”. So I started a blog called that and just drew really shabby pencil cartoons of the type I had been doodling for years. Then I thought I’d jazz them up a bit with ink and try to be a bit more disciplined about it. And Lo, Procrastinator’s Day Off was born in October 2016, the most auspicious of all years to do anything.
2) What superpower would you like to have?
It would be nice to fly but I think being able to influence everyone in the world to obey the Golden Rule would be even better.
3) Pen or Pencil?
Or a stick in the sand? Pencils last forever, don’t they. You’re never alone with a pencil, as long as you’ve got some paper too. And a rubber. And a sharpener. Or a knife. Don’t drop it though, the pencil; there’s nothing sadder than a dropped pencil full of shards of broken graphite. You can sharpen that baby forever, won’t get you anywhere.
4) What do you enjoy drawing the most?
People. And spiders. Facial expressions.
5) Top three books?
This is tough but without thinking about it too hard and getting all stressed –
The White Hotel by DM Thomas
Complicity by Iain Banks (though really anything by Iain Banks)
The Secret Diaries of Adrian Mole (all of them) by Sue Townsend
6) Your super special favourite recipe?
Noodles and broccoli.
Also tea, milk and sugar. Add hot water.
7) What are you most likely to be caught singing?
A made up song about my pet lurcher to the tune of ‘Copacabana’.
8) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would that be?
On a Scottish beach picking through the driftwood and sea glass.
9) What colour are your socks?
Red! Power to the people! No, not really, they are purple. Power to the beetroot!
10) What would you name your pet dragon?
Bernie. Unless it was a pedigree dragon, then it would be Lady Bernadette de Indigestione.
11) Whom would you like to play you in a film about your life? (Or voice you, if it’s an animated film.)
Ooh, I’ll have either Richard E Grant or Helena Bonham Carter please, whoever is available. Though, perhaps they could each represent one of my two main moods – manic and depressed.
I hope I got all of those right and passed – when do I get the results?
In turn I would like to nominate:
The Whitechapel Whelk
Silence Killed the Dinosaurs
The Arm Chair Pontificator
Little Monster Girl
My Inky Days
Some words that say what I think
My Questions to you –
- Your blog – what, why, when? Give us a twirl.
- If you were going to overhaul your image what is the most daring thing you would do or change?
- If you were to direct a movie, what would it be about?
- Fruit or vegetables?
- Use 5 words to describe your blog.
- What would you like to spend more time doing?
- What, if anything, do you doodle when you are talking on the phone?
- Give a child some general life advice.
- Just how long are beards going to get?
- Name one single thing that would make the world a better place.
- Finally, a musical question; what time is love and how soon is now?